1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out on the Competition page on tole-rants.com are the Competition Rules ("Rules") By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Competition is organised by Global Tolerance Ltd, Company number 05118713, Registered Address: 24 Greencoat Place, London, SW1P 1RD
3. global Tolerance reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside global Tolerance reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of Global Tolerance shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. In order to enter the competition you are agreeing that by uploading your tole-rant on to tole-rants.com it will also be uploaded to the globaltolerants Youtube account. As such you agree to be bound by the Terms and conditions of use of the Youtube site. Failure to agree to the Terms and Condition of use will result in your competition entry being voided.
5. Employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of Global Tolerance or any company involved in the Competition, or any advertising agency or web company connected with the Competition or any such person's subsidiary or associated companies, are not eligible to enter the Competition. Global Tolerance reserves the right not to award the prize (and to select an alternative winner) if Global Tolerance is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that a winner is not eligible.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to the Competition winner, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver's licence.
8. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Global Tolerance reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
9. Entrants from outside the United Kingdom, you are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident in a country or jurisdiction where the Competition may breach any law or regulation. Where this applies, Global Tolerance's invitation to enter the Competition in such country and/or jurisdiction is withdrawn.
10. Global Tolerance assumes that by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules. If a Competition is only open to a certain age group (e.g. 18 and over), this will be set out in the Competition Notice and Global Tolerance assumes that by entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are the appropriate age to enter the Competition.
11. Global Tolerance reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
12. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Global Tolerance in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
13. You may enter the Competition as many times as you like by submitting a 60 second tole-rant on any topic - subject to the conditions identified in these Terms & Conditions.
14. Competition entries must be made in the manner identified and by the closing date and time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
15. There is no charge to register for use of the website. However, agreement with the Terms & conditions of use is absolute.
16..Global Tolerance cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside Global Tolerance's control.
18. Enttole-rants should note that unless stated otherwise, Global Tolerance does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
19. The winning tole-rant will be chosen from all the suitable Entries submitted by an independent international panel whose decision is final.
20. The winner will be notified by email, to the address provided by the tole-ranter during upload, before 31st October 2010.
21. The winner of the Competition will have one year's support (no more than 12 days / 96 hours, with an estimated equivalent value of 18,000 pounds) to help their tole-rant become a reality subject to the contents and legalities involved in the process to achieve this. As such Global Tolerance reserves the right to substitute parts of the said tole-rant in order for it to meet this criterion.
22. There is no cash alternative and the prize does not include any expenses beyond the time of Global Tolerance as set out above.
Intellectual Property Rights and Use of Entries
26 Global Tolerance does not claim any rights of ownership in your Entry. As such, you retain ownership of your Entry although Global Tolerance will be able to use Entries for promotional purposes, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose.
27. In consideration of Global Tolerance agreeing to consider tole-rants to the Competition, each tole-ranter hereby agrees that Global Tolerance (and third parties authorised by Global Tolerance) may make any and all Entries available on the website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, which may include other internet sites, mobile, television and/or radio and that Entries may be made available with advertising and/or sponsorship. You now grant Global Tolerance (and third parties authorised by Global Tolerance) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
28. Global Tolerance does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Global Tolerance may also, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
29. Your Entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Global Tolerance reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
30. Global Tolerance cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Global Tolerance is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Global Tolerance's liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
31. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Global Tolerance reserves the right to use the name and address of the winner, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
32. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual's prior consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Global Tolerance for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist Global Tolerance to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
33 The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. If you access the Site outside of the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
How to contact us
34. Global Tolerance may be contacted in the first instance by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by post at 24 Greencoat Place, London, SW1P 1RD, or by phone +44 (0)845 054 004